Posted by : Muzaffar Tuesday, July 21, 2009

First of all I really didn't expect to be watching the match at all yesterday. But after what happened with the bombing in Jakarta a few days prior meant that Man Utd had to cancel the match at Indonesia and instead have another match against Malaysia on Monday. My brother came to visit me last Sunday and asked me if I wanted to watch the match and I was like "okay". Didn't really expect a lot of people to be there or what, but boy was I totally wrong.....

After my last class at college finished (which was about 4.30) my brother picked me up at college and drove me and a friend of his to Bukit Jalil (which took about 45 minutes to arrive there). As soon as we arrived, there were probably thousands of people over there queuing up just to enter the stadium. Also as a Man Utd fan I just had to wear my Man Utd jersey there lol. So once we got to enter the stadium we had to search for a good seat (which were fortunate enough to find!) as we bought the cheapest ticket on sale (RM58 and free seating). Even though it is on the opposite side of the stadium where the players would come out, but I'm not complaining whatsoever.

Anyway, we waited for a good 2 hours or so before the game kicked off at about 9.00pm and luckily enough had eaten some food while we waited there. A few minutes into the game and Man Utd were probably dominating the game, and it took about 10 minutes or so before Man Utd scored the opening goal with Federico Macheda scoring past the keeper with ease. Then on the 13th minute Michael Owen scored again for Man Utd and made it 2-0. Well, that was the only goals in the game sadly. The first half has always been (and probably the entire game to be honest) dominated by Man Utd, with Malaysia having far and few chances to capitalize on the possession of the ball. Even when Malaysia had the ball they seem to lose it just when the have the goal in sight.... *sigh*

The second half wasn't as good as the first half, with both sides having many chances to score only to either have the ball cleared, blocked or just completely missed the goal. However near the last 10 minutes or so to the end Malaysia were probably playing at their best and had one or two chances to actually score past Ben Foster, but I think everyone know by then it was just too late to do anything. None the less it gives us locals something to support to though, hahahaha. As the game ends the crown all applaud the players and the players were waving to the fans and stuff.

Game ended at 11, got back to the parking lot and got out of the parking place in 15-20 minutes or so, took another 20 minutes to drive to Subang Jaya, had a late dinner at McDonald's (yum)and arrived home at about midnight. Bloody hell, I don't think I could actually believe how tired I felt, I mean I do still feel tired even as I'm writing this! Well that is about all I guess, sorry if there is no photos or videos or whatever, cause for one I didn't bring my camera and/or video cam there and even though I took a couple of shots on my camera phone, the quality was probably next to terrible and thus feel a bit pointless to post it here. If you want pictures, video, full report, etc. just go on Google and search it yourself!

Copyright © Muzaffar's Blog