Posted by : Muzaffar Monday, April 6, 2009


Just watched it earlier today at Summit USJ, and even before I even got my ticket a freak accident happened. (yeah, just proves bad luck DO happen when I'm around lol) I was just queuing up to buy my tickets like everyone else, and when it was my turn to buy the ticket the computer started acting up LOL!!!! The person at the counter started to freak out when the computer wouldn't respond, but after a few minutes she got the computer working again and I got the ticket. The usual price was RM10 for adults but I did request for a student rate and got RM6 for the tickets, she didn't even check my school card (which was my high school card, still didn't get my college card yet) and just accepted my money and gave back the change. After that, bought some popcorn and soft drinks and entered the theater.

Well sorry for that weird story, onto my view on the movie. This is seriously one of the best "Fast & Furious" movies I have watched so far out of all the 4 and out of the 3 I've watched at the cinema. (didn't get to watch Tokyo Drift at the theaters unfortunately) I'll admit I am a big fan of F&F ever since the first movie came out back in 2001 and the formula that made it so interesting hasn't changed much at all. Its not about the casts or the beautiful ladies in the movie or the story or even about the action scenes (but yeah, it is actually what made it interesting to say the least) but it was always all about the cars. No doubt this one has definitely had the best cars in the series so far. Will not go much into details about that, but cars like the Ford RS200, Kaizo R34, Subaru Impreza and the Dodge Charger was probably the cars I liked the best in the movie.

Onto the cast now, and the return of Vin Diesel and Paul Walker as Dominic Toretto and Brian O'Connor respectively and boy oh boy what joy it brings to have them together again. In my mind no F&F movie should be without them and with Tokyo Drift having the lowest gross out of the 4 films just proves it. They are like what Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan are in Rush Hour, irreplaceable! However, the antagonist in the story (John Ortiz as Ramon Campos/Arturo Braga) was quite unconvincing. Not to say the acting was bad or anything but compared to the other bad guys in the series he really isn't the baddest of the bad.

As for the story itself, it was good to say the least but it isn't the best I've seen from F&F either. F&F4 does well to cover the story between the first F&F and 2F2F and almost everything seems in place, except for the cars. (couldn't care though, they just HAD to have them cars in the movie anyhow) There were probably a few parts where the special effects was too much, but other than that the racing part was quite amusing and fun to watch over and over again. Also the fact that they used a GPS for the race was quite unique for a street race, never thought that would ever happened in a F&F movie. Everything was good and enjoyable and most people would probably understand what the whole movie was about at the end.

Overall I really don't know what to say about this movie really. Definitely one of the "better" of 2009 and never fails to disappoint me like how the other movies so far, but if your not interested in cars, babes or action movies in general then this probably isn't the movie for you. There were probably one or two parts that were quite poorly done and the fact that so many cars were wrecked in this movie, (lost counted how many it was lol) it was definitely worth the money (for me) and I would definitely go watch it again if my friends were to ask me to go watch it.

As hard as for me to say, I'll give it a 6.5/10 rating. Even that is with me being kind about the movie....

Copyright © Muzaffar's Blog