Posted by : Muzaffar Monday, June 29, 2009


I just don't know how this ep got leaked out ahead of schedule but yeah, I got this somewhere and just had to download it. As a big fan of Mew I can't turn down the offer to try and listen to the ep and give my comments about some of the songs that were included in the ep....

The ep itself is like a preview of the album "No More Stories...." (which by the way is a really really long title) and 2 out of the 5 songs in this ep is supposed to appear in the album. The first song, titled "Introducing Palace Players" was the first song I've heard about a month or so ago, and thought the way the song started was quite something but as you expect from Mew, it has to be different. Even when the lyrics just doesn't make sense, somehow the song was quite "catchy" in a way.

I thought that song was good, until I started to listen to "Repeaterbeater" a few days ago also which is the second song in the ep. I don't know why I quite liked it, maybe its because of the tempo and overall sound that kinda reminds me of their earlier albums, or maybe its the lyrics again that made it sound so good. I don't care though, it is just another good song that I'll be looking forward to in the album. As for the rest, they are all mostly just B-sides songs that would not make it into the album and mostly compromise of just some short instrument tracks and demo.

Overall, the ep might be short but it does give a good indication how good the album is going to be when it comes out this August. So if you just can't wait for the album to come out until then you could always get yourself the ep and listen to that while you wait for the eventual release of:

No more stories are told today,
I’m sorry, they washed away.
No more stories the world is grey,
I’m tired, Let’s wash away.

(told you the title was long!)

Amazon.co.uk

Copyright © Muzaffar's Blog