Posted by : Muzaffar Monday, April 5, 2010


To be honest I really didn't expect to watch this movie much, but since I went out with my cousin last night (or should say, just a few hours ago) to hang out and do some stuff, then he told me he wanted to watch some movie together. At fist I actually thought of watching Evolusi KL Drift 2 but since my cousin suggested watching How To Train Your Dragon, I just followed what he said and went along with his plan. Got to be said though, the movie wasn't bad at all!

Not sure how to put it, but it was just fun to watch. Although it wasn't really the best looking computer-animated film out there but the story line and characters just made it for me. Story was really good, the character development was splendid and seeing how the story unfolds throughout the movie was just something else. Its just indescribable I tell ya! You should just go watch it, and trust me if any of the current reviews are to go by then you'll know how worth it this film really is.

I'm not gonna tell all the plot here (go read Wikipedia), but just to summarize it further the film is about a teenage boy who wants to become a viking like his father and slay dragons, and after managing to capture one of the dragons he encounter the dragon and tried to kill him only to have a change of heart after seeing how the dragon was just in the same situation as he is. He then befriends the dragon and learned more about how similar the dragons were to humans, etc. But yeah, its not really accurate in terms of a summary but you get the point... and oh, it is based off a children's novel by the same name as well. The voice cast ain't bad either, with Jay Baruchel, America Ferrera, Jonah Hill, Gerard Butler, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Craig Ferguson, and David Tennant in it. All of them did a great job voice acting each of the character and somehow made it feel more "Scottish" than it is Scandinavian lol. (well not that I'm complaining, but it was somehow funny in a way)

Okay, so what does this all mean in terms of rating then? For me, I just have to give it a 7.5 out of 10. Its as good as it gets for this type of film, but there are several areas that could be improve (not sure what exactly, but you will know once you watch it) but who knows, maybe there will be a sequel in the near future? There happens to be more than one novel on the "How to Train Your Dragon" series, so seeing how good the movie is there should be demands for a sequel right? Haha, I don't know, I don't know if it will happen at all...

Copyright © Muzaffar's Blog