Posted by : Muzaffar Wednesday, September 11, 2013


12 years has passed so fast huh? Pretty sure most people won't even remember the significance of this day today, but for those who remembered... or worse still, who was severely affected by this tragic event then they will absolutely know what today is all about. Yeah... its quite a taboo topic to discuss about regardless of who you are or where you're from, but its also important to remember that this time 12 years ago, it was an event that shook the world and changed the course of history forever...

There might have been plenty of controversies (and even some might say, conspiracy theories) around the 9/11 attack, but it will always mark the day when many innocent lives were taken away as well as the start of the middle eastern war which is still ongoing even until today. Yup, just this one event turned the whole world into chaos. Many other related events might have happened after that day and throughout the years, but this has always been the catalyst for the many things that has happened right now that we never realized. But I don't really wanna go deep into this topic for fear of offending many people, but its a part of history that all of us should probably remember and honor.

Seems like yesterday when I was at home doing my own thing (was playing video games on my PS1 I think?) then suddenly my mom was asking me to go inside her room to watch the news on CNN regarding the airplane that crashed into the World Trade Center, with another plane crashing into the other WTC building later as well as the Pentagon in a similar time. I was only 10 years old at the time and was still in primary school, and yet I could clearly see all the carnage and chaos that happened on TV. Especially the part when the 2 towers collapse in such a mannerly fashion as if it was planned to fall down that way. Kinda remembered how it was even a hot topic at school with all my classmates, the other students and even teachers were talking about it. That next few weeks you could say everyone was glued to the TV or internet trying to keep up with the news regarding the attack and what Osama bin Laden's next move was. Its just unbelievable how everything like that happened back then and almost had the whole world standing still. But of course, because of that almost every country had to be on high alert for "terrorists" and also made any Muslims difficult to travel anywhere, especially the United States.

Time is a funny thing ya know? Regardless of what is going out around us, time just keeps moving on... and before we know it, years just passed by in a blink of an eye. At times I feel like I've been left behind by time, and yet... time could also slow down when you least want it to. Doesn't matter I guess... it might be 9/11 today, but tomorrow is gonna be just another day for everyone else and continue going to school or work or whatever that people do with their lives. As for me, I don't really have a plan to do anything, but I guess I should move on and do something too.

These articles might be of some interest too regarding today:
Five Things to Know for Your New Day - Wednesday, September 11
On September 11, I have a question for Tony Blair
Firefighters remember September 11
Sept 11: Twelve years on, Americans still remember
September 11, 2013: Americans Plan Solemn Ceremonies Commemorating 9/11 Attacks
September 11 anniversary: ceremonies in New York, Pennsylvania and at the Pentagon

Copyright © Muzaffar's Blog