Posted by : Muzaffar Thursday, February 27, 2014


I don't really feel like writing this post actually, but somehow I think writing this on Facebook and/or Twitter won't justify what I wanna say after this. So yeah, I just got my salary for this month and also thankful that my BR1M (short for "Bantuan Rakyat 1Malaysia", or "1Malaysia People Aids") which the government suppose to help the people by giving them financial "support" so do speak. (the terms and condition for getting the financial support differs from each person depending on status, job salary, etc. but I won't go into too much detail regarding this. So you just have to Google it if you wanna know more) But even with this, I just somehow feel kinda disappointed I'm still not earning enough to cope with my spending. (or well, plans as I'll explain later in this post)

I'm going to be 23 this year, and with my current job as a mechanic I've already been working for 5 months by the end of this February. (which is honestly, much much longer than my 2 previous jobs which I barely last more than 2 months!) I really don't wanna compare with my other more "successful" friends out there, but comparing how much more successful they are, I just wonder where in life did I go wrong? I know I already graduated from my college over 2 years ago and suppose to have a more successful job with my qualification, and yet because I choose to do something "different" for 1 year and ended up not being happy with my alternative jobs I somehow ended up wasting that 1 year doing nothing. Maybe that is what I did wrong all along, but I was probably too blind to realize it back then... (that and maybe I just have bad luck, lol) Then again, maybe if I never got those 2 jobs I probably won't even know what its like to have "other" jobs besides being involved with cars like I do now. Who knows? Maybe (just maybe) I have to be a little more patient for things to work out. Somehow I always regard myself as a "late bloomer" when it comes to doing everything, and some stuff in my life are just that.

Anyway, I don't really wanna blabber about my life stories again and really wanna express more about my financial situation here. At my current rare, I'm roughly earning (less) than RM1k per month with my current job (actually I was suppose to get a new contract with my current job as my working probation actually ended last December, just that my boss forgot about it for 2 months straight! However I doubt I could get a raise just yet. Then again... only god knows if I do get a raise or if my salary remains the same) and with my daily expenditure on food, transport (well, glad my mom still helps with my petrol from time to time) and also the occasional "spending on useless stuff" which I have no idea why I still do, I might have roughly RM600-700 saved before my next paycheck arrives. (also my parents still to give me an "allowance" just to keep myself floating somewhat, yeah... I'm lucky my parents still can support me lol! I know, I know, its kinda bad having to rely on my parents at this age and with a job!) Currently I have roughly less than RM2k in my bank (still haven't banked in my salary yet, but probably will do soon) with that money going to be used next month to buy myself a plane ticket to Japan in December, and I still have roughly no idea how much the plane ticket will be or how long I want to stay there. (because now I wanna stay there for 3 weeks instead of 2 to catch both Comiket & Tokyo Auto Salon as well as spend more time exploring Japan during that time, haha!) I know I have a short time to decide this because for one... this promotion is happening and is gonna end within a few days, or take a gamble and go to MATTA Fair and hope they sell "cheap" flight tickets there too! Argh... life can be unfair at times lol.

Then there is also the issue with my car, since well... I wanna do up my car this year too lol.I have so many plans to do to my car actually (and already did some actually, more on that maybe sometime next month) which include getting new suspension, wheels, tires and also do back my car's bodywork a bit. Yeah... this is probably which is gonna deplete my budget to Japan a lot actually lol, But yeah, so many plans and yet... so little money. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm really cutting down on my other activities this year. I can probably say goodbye to my cosplay plans, my computer and probably what other plans I had regarding my expenses for that matter! *sigh* I don't know, I just have too many things to think right now. But whatever it is, I just hope I can save up enough money from work this year (that is, if I'm still working until the end of the year) and save up fro Japan and my car for that matter! Anyhow, I'll try to touch up on this post again soon hopefully. Just got sidetrack by my stupid post on FB lulz.

Copyright © Muzaffar's Blog