Posted by : Muzaffar Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Well everything went smoothly I guess, nothing major or life threatening or anything. I swear I could have drive already even before this. Yeah yeah, maybe it wasn't a perfect like I imagined but then again, what do you expect from a person who has never driven a real car like me? (let alone driving a manual....) I managed to kill the engine a couple of times, but things like controlling the car, upshifting/downshifting gears, braking, overtaking and everything else went quite well. I drove around Subang Jaya/Kelana Jaya starting from an industrial parking lot near USJ3, circling the area (and stopped at a gas station at USJ 4 for refueling and checking the car battery), then moving on and drove all the way to Glenmarie, near the Subang Airport before driving to Kelana Jaya to the test course.

At the test course, I learned how to do parallel parking, 3-point turn as well as the uphill parking test (or whatever you call it) and did not bad on all three of them. Parallel parking was easy once the instructors give some pointers, while the 3-point turn even though it was simple I did manage to fail that one but I should have no problem there once I take the real exam (remember not to brake so much dammit!) and finally the uphill parking needs some getting used to, like balancing the throttle and the clutch and stuff like that. All in all, it was a great experience for me to drive a car (even if it was just a Perodua Kancil) and will be looking forward to driving some more next time..... =D

Copyright © Muzaffar's Blog