Posted by : Muzaffar Wednesday, May 20, 2009


Ouch, that must have hurt. Don't think I'd cover the WTCC (World Touring Car Championship for those who don't know) much myself (just read the race reviews online, and only sometimes catch the race on TV) but this has got to be one of the things that must be posted here. Simply because its like nothing else that I have ever seen in a WTCC race! I mean, this is not supposed to be some sort of destruction derby match or anything but somehow it ends up looking like one. Although they are racing at a narrow street circuit it shouldn't be as bad as this one, especially the part where Franz Engstler crashed into the safety car on the 2nd lap. I mean what the hell? The safety car driver must be some kind of retard to make such a highly stupid mistake, just driving to the side of the road when there were people still racing on the track.

I don't know how to explain much about the situation (I didn't watch the entire race, just read it online) but not sure if it was the safety marshals fault or the FIA, but whatever the reason this is going to be one hot discussion going on. So here are the links for the race report as well as a statement from the WTCC site:
WTCC RACEDAY @ PAU
INVESTIGATIONS ON THE SAFETY CAR CRASH

Copyright © Muzaffar's Blog