Posted by : Muzaffar Sunday, March 14, 2010


Not sure what am I gonna say about Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland, been taking my time thinking about this movie ever since I watched it late last night. Not really sure where to start from haha. The fact that the tickets that my brother bought were wrong (the person selling the ticket was at fault for giving the wrong tickets and my brother for not checking the tickets earlier) and had to take seats from the side (awful viewing angle, but couldn't complain much) or that the movie was in 3D! (yeah, sadly didn't get to watch Avatar in 3D not could I remember watching any 3D movies prior to this) But then again, all of that doesn't really matter since I finally got to watch this!

If you people didn't already know, I wanted to watch this movie last weekend but both on Saturday and Sunday the tickets were all sold out and even yesterday there were still people watching this? Damn this people must be mad. Mad or it must have been a pretty damn good movie, its your call. For me though, the movie was just exhilarating to watch and was probably worth the money to watch it in 3D. I don't really know what to say really, almost everything about the movie (apart from the seating position and maybe some parts of the movie) was done just about right. Tim Burton has never fail to impress with any of his movies, be it from 10-20 years ago right up will today the way the stories are told are just impressive as ever.

So anyway, I think all the characters in the movie were just splendid. Every character almost played a major part of the plot and developing the story as each scene passes through, almost everyone acted brilliantly in the movie. More so for the 2 main characters, Alice (starring Mia Wasikowska) as well as the Mad Hatter (starring Johnny Depp) were just amazing to watch. Alice was portrayed nicely when she was all grown up, and Johnny Depp was just something else. Its kinda hard to say it but the role of the Mad Hatter just suited him pretty well indeed. Of course I would like to talk about the other people in the movie as well, but I just think they aren't as important to talk about lol.

Okay, well I don't think I'm gonna spoil anyone with the plot here or even have much else to say about the movie. What can I say, its a Tim Burton movie! It supposed to be (like all his previous work) a bit dark and gloomy, but in a way its all good. So what does all this add up to? A worthwhile movie to watch for this year, I promise. If this movie was sold out for 2 weeks straight don't be so surprised. Its just so worth the watch. All said and done though, how would I rate Alice then? After thinking about it, I have to give it an 8/10. Probably the best movie I've watched all of this year (so far anyways), its just as good as it gets. Although there were 1 or 2 things that I want to complain about (like maybe the 3D isn't as good as Avatar and how the last quarter of the movie ended) but other than that, yeah. Its ok...

Copyright © Muzaffar's Blog